Early Childhood Education Center
Accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children
Friday, April 26
9:30am - noon
And our next open house:
June 21 from 9:30am-4pm
Summer Program begins June 17
enrollment now open
Our Christ-centered curriculum gives children a foundation
for life-long learning
At St. John's Lutheran Early Childhood Education Center, we offer a warm and nurturing Christian environment, where each child is loved as a unique gift of God. Our ECEC provides year-round programs, both full-time (for children 2-4) and part-time (for children age 3 or 4), alongside before- and after-school care for students at Franconia Elementary School (Kindergarten through 3rd Grade).
Our Mission: Learning and Growing Through Christ-Centered Child Care
1. Our Christ-centered curriculum gives children a foundation for life-long learning.
- Each child is a unique gift of God; we provide the best educational opportunities for each child to achieve their ultimate potential.
- Each child brings different gifts to our center, we enjoy and respect those differences.
- We encourage children to develop relationships with peers and adults that are eager to support their development.
2. We maintain a safe and nurturing environment for children and adults.
- We offer a warm Christian environment that reflects the love of our Lord Jesus.
- Our staff is committed to professional development, learning new innovations within the Early Childhood Educational field and consistently ensuring the application of best practices and lessons learned.
- Since 1983, our center has been servicing the surrounding area families. We have earned a solid reputation for trustworthiness, integrity, commitment to child safety and secure learning environments.
3. We gladly welcome our families as part of the children's educational process.
- We appreciate and embrace our multicultural environment. Our families' cultures enrich the program with all their different learning experiences.
- Families are well informed of their children's development.
- Families have opportunities to survey the center and provide input to benefit the whole program.
4. We enable children to explore their environment, with hands-on experiences and age-appropriate developmental activities.
- Our curriculum is reviewed yearly by industry professionals to accomplish each group's specific learning objectives.
- Our staff is aware of the different needs of the children by assessing and evaluating each child regularly.
- Throughout the year, we plan a variety of activities that give families opportunities to participate with their children.
5. We openly communicate and interact with the congregation.
- We maintain a solid, Christian relationship with the congregation of St. John's Lutheran Church.
- The congregation supports the center with guidance, advice, and physical resources.
- Our pastors and Director of Youth and Christian Education share special time with the children and the staff through a unique chapel time each week.
For more information, please contact Ms. Maritza Guerra, ECEC Director.
e-mail: ECEC@sjlc.com phone: 703-971-3581
Train up a child in the way he should go; and when he is old, he will not depart from it.