Men's Work Day, May 1, 2021
SJLC Men’s Work Day 2021
St. John’s Lutheran Church Men’s Group gathered on Saturday, May 1, to serve our community. Eleven adults and four children came together to support Koinonia, Franconia Elementary School, as well as St. John’s Gardens and Grounds Ministry. The purpose of the event is to answer our calling to serve our community by assisting other organizations who educate and assist others, and spread the message of Good News.
The group met at St. John’s for a devotion, team assignment, picture, and final instructions before heading out to serve the community. Caps from the Lutheran Hour Ministries Men’s Network were given to all volunteers who didn’t already have one. Everyone did a great job in completing the following projects:
- Koinonia: Weeding, trimming grass and mulching around the building. (Greer Putnam, Team Leader; Adam and Andrew Dancy, Pat and Sean Wilson, Wayne Wakefield, and Don Gregory)
- Franconia Elementary School: Preparation of their seed beds - weeding, tilling; clearing of fencing. The team prepared seed beds clearing fencing, trimming bushes, weeding, and tilling six garden beds providing the students a place to plant and learn not only how things grow, but the care required for a fertile harvest. (Jim Burroughs, Team Leader; Mychal Burroughs, Eric Klanderman, Travis and Gavin Stiens, Tish Nordvall, and Lindsey Reyes)
- Bench for Firepit at St. John’s (Greg Miller, Team Leader, and Paul Swicord)
A heartfelt thank you to all who joined Jesus on His Mission during the SJLC Men’s Work Day 2021. Those we served from our community had the following comments:
- “On behalf of Koinonia, I want to thank you all for your help in beautifying our building. You all did a great job. Thank you!!!! Blessings, Don Gregory, Koinonia Board of Directors “
- “Here is what we are planning on planting this year: tomatoes, onions, peppers, herbs, pumpkins, sunflowers, beans, blueberry bushes “ Lindsay (Snyder) Reyes, M.A.T. STEAM and Robotics Teacher, Franconia Elementary.