The Reopening Response Team of St. John’s has been hard at work on a phased plan for reopening our campus. The primary objective for reopening is to minimize the risk for our onsite worship service attendees while maximizing the level of comfort as we worship together at St. John's.
The first in-person worship service is being planned for Sunday, July 5 at 9:30AM in the Sanctuary, including live streaming using our new equipment. The current "fireside" Narthex online service will continue to be offered, but at a new time of 10:45AM on July 5.
The following stipulations will be in place for the in-person 9:30AM worship service:
- Advance registration for capacity limitations and contact tracing: Visit our main calendar, then select the onsite Sunday service for which you wish to register. If you do not have access to CCB, please contact the Church Office (703-971-2210).
- Outdoor check-in station will be set up outside the main entrance doors
- Face masks required (ages two and above)
- Prelude and postlude instrumental music, but no singing
- Holy Communion will take place after the main service in an abbreviated format
Once more details become available, we'll post them right here. In the meantime, should you have any questions, please contact the Church Office (email@example.com or
Families with children may direct questions to the Church Office (firstname.lastname@example.org, 703-971-2210) or contact Rachel Dancy (email@example.com).