Based on updated guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the office of the Virginia Governor, St. John’s is discontinuing most of our current COVID protocols. This is also in step with sister congregations within our area of Northern Virginia.
- Social distancing no longer be required, but we will continue to ask that you respect the personal space of others. Greet one another with a wave or bow and leave some distance between yourself and other worshippers as the pews allow.
- Those who have been fully vaccinated are no longer required to wear a mask during worship. Consistent with CDC guidelines, if you have not received a vaccine, continue to wear a mask (including unvaccinated children ages 2-12 and older).
- Distribution of Holy Communion will continue as we have been doing this over the past year, from the floor vs. at the altar. This enables people with disabilities to receive the Sacrament along with everyone else, as well as reducing the overall time of distribution. We will not be offering the common cup/chalice at this time but will continue with individual cups only.
- Wednesday Noon Holy Communion will continue throughout the summer but will be discontinued after Labor Day. Until then, please continue to register for Holy Communion so we know how many to plan for each week.
- Live streaming of worship services will continue each Sunday morning with the 9:30AM service. Thank you to our AV Operators who do a great job each week, enabling online worshipers to join in-person worshipers. Online worshipers can continue to join us either on Facebook Live or YouTube for viewing live services as well as those previously recorded. Click here and scroll down for the worship bulletins.
- The safety and well-being of everyone remains our top priority. If needs dictate any change in these plans, we will certainly make this known to the members and friends of St. John’s as soon as possible.