St. John's Resources for Children and Youth
Gather as Christians Through Worship:
Grow as Disciples, Learn to Live through Educational and Service Activities:
- Baptism & Communion classes.
- Bible & Me Class (Instruction for 3rd grade students on Bible basis).
- Confirmation Class (Instruction in the Christian Faith for 7th & 8th grade students preparing to confirm their baptismal faith).
- Weekly Sunday School Class from 9:30 to 10:30 am (age 3 to 12th grade). Age appropriate curriculums and methods of instruction on Christian lessons and Bible stories. High school youth focus on applying Christian theory to current life. Musical involvement each week that supports worship. An annual Christmas Program involves preschool to 2d grade children.
- Retreats & Special Events. Experience overnight gatherings and service projects for designed for middle school and high school youth.
- Early Childhood Education Center (ECEC): A warm & nurturing environment for children full time or part time for children ages 2 to 4.
Invite Others Into a Relationship with Jesus, and have fun while doing it:
- Youth Night – meet the 1st Sunday night of each month, 6-8 pm, grades 7-12 for fun and lessons.
- Seasonal Activities – such as Fall Festivals, Christmas Outreach (December), and an Easter Breakfast (March-April). Learn the story and what happens. He is risen! Hallelujah!
- Vacation Bible School (VBS) (June-July) – a week long adventure & learning about God (prekindergarten to 6th grade).
- Service & Fellowship Activities – quarterly events to help & serve others and have fun. Recent projects included sending care packages to college students. Other youth are encouraged to participate as mentors and group guides for confirmation and VBS.
- Scouting – Join Cub Scout Pack 867 and Boy Scout Troop 1107 serve the Franconia community.